Thank you so much for your order and welcome to the glawning club! 😎
We designed this amazing luxury awning for our own glamping adventures in 2013 and we’ve never looked back. We’re so glad to be able to share it with the world because it’s an absolute game changer!
We now also run a fabulous festival every year raising money for charities and bringing together the glamping community - check out glampfest.com
and get it in the diary! You’ll meet lots of other glawning owners and have a guaranteed blast.
Here are some important links to help you get the most of your new purchase (PLEASE READ/WATCH EVERYTHING CAREFULLY BEFORE EMBARKING ON YOUR MAIDEN VOYAGE) and remember we’re here to help so contact us on 01423 787008 or preferably drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need anything else:
How to put up your glawning for the first time
How to fit a flashing kit in your GlawningLITE (remember to roll the velcro flap up first!)
How to trim your flashing kit to accomodate the Vista flue (don't cut to the line!)
How to connect your glawning to your van
How to set up a Glanopy (or a Glanopy and POD) on a vehicle
See this page for handy spares
It's a good idea to purchase a selection of tent pegs for different types of ground. The lightweight pegs you receive with a glawningLITE are good for soft ground but anything harder and you'll benefit from these.
There are lots more 'how to' videos on our YouTube channel here and more in store coming soon if you have more time or are as obsessed with glawnings as we are :)
FIRE SAFETY: Please read these important fire safety intructions at the bottom of this page that are included with your stove.
We advise everyone to keep their flue kits clean and clear of soot build up by burning only clean dry wood and cleaning the flue regularly (we use a cheap toilet brush!) and to carry the appropriate safety accessories such as fire extinguisher, carbon monoxide detector, fire gloves, fire blanket etc. Glawning Ltd cannot be held liable for the misuse of any equipment.
Try not to burn your fire too hot as this will decrease the longevity of your flashing kit. You can buy handy stove thermometers to keep you right. If you are partial to a hot tent though a double wall section is available here for your flue to protect the silicone more.
FIRE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
VERY IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY BEFOREUSING THE STOVE.
- The fire should always be placed on a suitable heat-resistant base. Please ensure this covers the area directly in front of the stove door in case embers fall out when opened.
- Always ensure that the glawning has adequate ventilation and that the fire is properly flued out through the flashing Be careful if handling the flue kit as the edges can be sharp.
- If the doors of the glawning are closed then some of the half moon ventilation flaps should be left open to ventilate the glawning.
- Inadequate ventilation and flue set up can lead to death by carbon monoxide poisoning. A carbon monoxide alarm should be used (and checked regularly) as a precautionary measure, although it should not be relied on
- If the stove has an open lid BBQ function (where food can be cooked on a grill directly above the fuel), the function should only be used outside the tent - never use the stove inside the tent with the lid open and uncovered.
- Regularly clean the flue to ensure adequate draw. A cheap toilet brush will clean any debris and soot out of the flue.
- The fire should be fully extinguished before going to sleep & you should never leave the fire Do not use the stove inside the tent with the top lid off unless it is completely covered by a pan.
- Ensure that you have an adequate and easily accessible means of extinguishing the fire in an We recommend keeping a small fire extinguisher, a heat proof glove and a fire blanket to hand.
- The fire, fire base and chimney will all get very hot - please ensure that animals and children are supervised at all times and are not allowed near the fire.
- The fire should not be burned too hot so do not overload it with
- Due to the lightweight flue kit, this stove should not be used in very windy